HVAC Maintenance in Tampa
You wouldn’t go on a cross country road trip without checking your oil, tires and brakes, would you? The same logic applies for your home heating and cooling unit. To ensure the longevity and efficiency of your air conditioner, furnace or boiler, it is imperative to adopt regular maintenance checks for optimal performance and trouble free usage. Often times, people go years without having a qualified HVAC specialist inspect their heating and cooling units, then suddenly encounter an unexpected system breakdown, leaving them without adequate heating or cooling in the summer and winter. As Tampa’s number one HVAC contractor, we are passionate about providing affordable HVAC maintenance to local families and businesses.
As your neighborhood HVAC specialist, we will check many access points in your home that can only be reached by a professional. We will do things like check the electrical circuits, crawl spaces and air duct units. These are the things that should be left to a professional. In addition to having a qualified HVAC specialist inspect your home heating and cooling unit, there are some things you can employ easily on your own to maintain the performance of your HVAC investment.
- Listen for any excessive, unexplained noises emanating from your furnace, boiler or air conditioner. This could be a sign that a piece or part is missing or loose within the unit.
- Use you senses to notice any unusual gas or burning smells. This could signal problems with the ignition, pilot or blower unit within the furnace.
- Check for excessive dust, debris and lint around the filters, grills, returns and vents. This could be a sign that the air ducts need cleaning.
- Ensure that there is at least two feet of floor space around your HVAC unit for adequate air flow.
- Ensure that you outdoor unit is free of any leaves, twigs, branches or debris. Keep lawn clippings and cut grass away from the condenser unit.
- Change your carbon monoxide detector’s battery once a year.
- Pour a mixture of bleach and water into your drain clogs once a year to prevent buildup of mold..
Exactly When Should Furnace Maintenance be Done?
- For heat pumps, and a system that have both heating and cooling functions, it is best to have maintenance done once in the spring and once in the fall.
- For air conditioners, anytime once a year before the summer months start is ideal.
- For furnaces and boilers, anytime once a year before the winter is fine.
Working these easy HVAC maintenance tips into your home care routine will greatly improve the function of your HVAC system. Coupled with annual and bi-annual maintenance check-ups from your HVAC specialist, your residential or business HVAC unit will be working well all year long. To find out more about what you can do at home, or to speak with one of our Tampa team members, call us at US Air Services Inc today. We will be happy to answer all of your questions, and set you up with your first maintenance appointment.